DreamLab is an in-house and remote training professional development shop devoted to the creation of the playful yet academically rigorous curricula characteristic of GameDesk’s historical work. DreamLab was developed as an answer to the question consistently posed by many teachers, parents, and administrators: “how can I get this into my school?” Collaborating with other teachers, DreamLab develops, trains, and often co-creates innovative and experiential high-tech and low-tech “PlayMaking” activities that are relevant to the development of students’ academic and 21st century skills. The scholars and developers of the DreamLab team consist of leaders in the worlds of academia, gaming and entertainment, and the Maker Movement. DreamLab leads educators in new directions and opens up the walls of textbook teaching to the digital and interactive age.
Types of Current DreamLab Training and Development Activities
GameDesk now offers national DreamLab bootcamps to schools around the US for training in the following techniques:
- GameChanger: Designing concrete and packaged standards aligned teaching activities around standalone 3rd party games.
- AppBlaster: Conversion of standalone 3rd party apps. into packaged standards aligned activities.
- CyberSocrates: Turning declarative teaching methods into Socratic methods of facilitating games and technology in the classroom.
- Digital Infusion: Transforming traditional teaching practice into digitally infused meaningful learning experiences.
- You can do it, we promise!: Transforming teacher attitudes and habits of mind toward the potential of technology and games in the classroom.
- Lowtech NOtech: How to turn your class into a PlayMaker experience with limited bandwidth and low tech infrastructure.
- Faster than you think: How to rapid-fire generate new high tech/low tech/no tech PlayMaker curriculum today for implementation tomorrow.
- Fun and Engaging, But what are they learning? Formative assessment approaches around play and making activities. Research driven pathways to assess knowledge, skills, and higher order learning.
DreamLab on the Road
GameDesk took DreamLab on the road to New York. Check out some testimonials from people who participated in this video.
Contact Us for A DreamLab Session with Your School
Follow DreamLab Sessions Live on Twitter
See updates of DreamLab in Action on Facebook